If you own a residential or commercial property it could be very discomforting to think there may be mold lurking in your property. It is well known that mold can affect your health negatively, but did you know it can damage your property and the overall atmosphere of your home or business as well? If you suspect there may be mold or have found mold in your home, it is advised to seek out a professional who can give you a comprehensive mold test. The experts at Insight Environmental can help you get the answers you need and advise you on what to do next. You may be thinking that having a little bit of mold in your home isn’t such a big deal, but that is far from the truth. Mold spreads rapidly through mold spores in the air and can have devastating effects if it is left untreated. Here are just a few examples of how mold can adversely affect your health and property without your knowledge.
Though it is commonly known that mold can affect your health and wellbeing, it is not always clear how these things can affect you. Mold is classified into 3 categories- allergenic (causing allergies and allergy-like symptoms), pathogenic (causing illness and infection), and toxic (very harmful and can even be fatal depending on length of exposure and other factors). Some people can even be allergic to mold itself, making exposure even more uncomfortable. Do you find yourself and others in your property getting sick frequently, or feeling under the weather? If mold is the culprit you can take control of your health and seek out mold testing to get to the bottom of it. Some side effects of mold exposure include:
Mold doesn’t just affect your health negatively- mold can cause great damage to your property if left to spread and grow. Mold eats away at its host and can be found living on most building materials, paper goods, fabrics, and can even make a home in your appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine. Mold can cause swelling and warping in your floor, ceiling, and drywall, cosmetic damage, and can even crack the foundation of your home or business.
Living or working in a space that is inhabited by mold can be discouraging, and can cause damage that can cause you to feel uncomfortable in the space. Many times when there is mold present, there is often a lingering musty or mildew-like odor that just won’t go away no matter what you do. It can also cause cosmetic damage like peeling paint or wallpaper and discoloration on any surface. Mold directly affects your indoor air quality. This can leave your home feeling more humid and stagnant, and can even invite more bacteria and microorganisms into the air.
By dealing with mold right away you are taking control of your health, the lifespan of your home and belongings, and the overall comfort of your home. Don’t spend another minute feeling uncomfortable or stressed. Contact Insight Environmental and ask for a mold test today.